Commercial Lease Agreements
Estate Planning - Business - Real Estate
Call 314.727.0163

I am a landlord and rent residential real estate to a several tenants. If a tenant stops paying rent or holds over past the expiration of the lease, can I enter into his apartment and set his furniture out on the street?

No. You must either get the tenant to voluntarily surrender the property back to you or file an Unlawful Detainer or Rent and Possession lawsuit against him to have him formally evicted. You are welcome to contact our office to discuss these options.


The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. The information and materials on this Web site are provided for general informational purposes only, and are not intended to be, and is not, legal advice. This Web site attempts to provide quality information, but the law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance.

Get Directions


Newsletter Signup

Stay informed about estate planning matters!